Here are the driving instructions from New York City:
1) Take the NY State Thruway North Towards Albany (approx 120 miles).
2) Continue onto I-87 Northway towards Montreal and stay on this road for about 105 miles.
3) Take Exit-30 Route 73 N to Keene and then towards Lake Placid for a total of about about 28 mi.
4) Stay straight to go onto Old Military Road/ County Road (CR) 35 and stay on it for 3.5 miles. (this road bypasses Lake Placid).
5) Make a left onto NY-86 and follow it for 6.5 miles into Saranac Lake.
6) Follow the signs towards NY-3 East and North towards Plattsburgh (right at Church Street and then another right at Bloomingdale Rd./ NY-3).
7) Follow NY- 3 East about 14 miles past Bloomingdale
and Vermontville to the Loon Lake cut off.
(The turn to Loon Lake comes immediately after the turns to Onchiota and Merrills Corners.)
8) Turn left onto CR-26 N (old NY-99) and follow for 3 miles into Loon Lake.
The Loon Lake Jewish Center and adjoining Shul House are on your right before the hairpin turn - just before the Loon Lake Inn and the Old Golf Shop.
The Loon Lake Jewish Center address is 3407 County Rte. 26, Loon Lake, NY 12989 (this is not a mailing address).